I bought strawberries to make my annual strawberry-rhubarb jam. It turned out that my own strawberry plants produced almost enough berries for the batch,
just needed to add a small amount of the less flavorful store-bought ones.
The jam is good, but still a little runny – can’t seem to get it just right these days. They are gelled at the top and liquid at the bottom. I find that when I open a new jar, if I stir it up it seems to thicken a little bit more in the fridge.
The strawberry bed really needs to be revamped. I probably won’t use the 4×8 raised bed this time so I will have to come up with a new plan. Stay tuned.
And the rhubarb that has been moved is still very weak compared to at it’s old home. Taking a few years so far to get re-established.